Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Genius Idea of the Week!


There are some projects that just stop me in my tracks and I say to myself, she did what? I am always amazed at the creativity out there with design, and this one tops it for me! I have long admired Caitlin Wilson's design aesthetic, home, textile line (I put her pillows in almost all of my design boards!) She was just recently featured in Design Sponge, where most of her home was shown in the write up. After reading the article, I realized she often gets the high end look for less, creates amazing IKEA hacks and is very artistic. Case in point, this photo of her kitchen:

via

Besides the gorgeous and functional chalkboard wall, look at those chairs! When I first saw these amazing chairs, I just thought they came from a very chic, high end store. After reading the post, I found out that she used a sharpie marker to create those trendy, gorgeous spots on IKEA chairs! Amazing! This is a very doable project for anyone on a budget, because we can all find inexpensive parsons chairs and a sharpie marker. So inspiring! To see the rest of this photo and the full article, visit here.

So, are you inspired to get out your sharpie marker and DIY something amazing??

No comments:

Post a Comment