Friday, September 28, 2012

Our DIY Painted Pumpkins

Every year in the fall, I love to put out my painted pumpkins! I have been doing these topiary pumpkins for a few years now, and they are still going strong! They are artificial pumpkins that I decorate with paint and sponge brushes. Through the weather changes, they need some touch ups every now and then. Here is what the front porch looks like this year:







What I love abnut these pumpkins, is that I can keep them up throughout the fall season, including Thanksgiving! When I change out the wreath and take off the spider/webs, it becomes a great festive porch for the entire season! I love decorating for this time of year, and I smile when I pull into the driveway. To see what the pumpkins looked like last year and for the full DIY tutorial, go HERE.

1 comment:

  1. That gives me a good idea for a DIY home improvement project - create reusable decorations that look great. Thanks for sharing and posting pics :]
    -Jon

    ReplyDelete