Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all - Kitchen Pumpkin Decor


This scarecrow is so cute.  I actually bought him for our backyard, but once I got him home, I propped him up in the corner that enters our kitchen... and I decided to keep him there :)

The Fall decor in my kitchen was really easy to throw together.  I just bought a few real pumpkins, then found the Burlap lined wire basket, the pie sign and the little wood pumpkin crate on sale at Michaels for under $20 total.

A major no no to many people are the use of silk flowers.  Oh no, no faux :)  Many swear that they will only use fresh flowers.  But that does get pretty expensive.  So yes, I did use silk flowers... Please don't hold it against me.  I am okay with them if they are a good quality.  Although I should mention that I do use only fresh flowers when they are at the dining table. When people sit close to them, it becomes obvious when they are faux!  I had gotten the silk Fall leaves, flowers and floral picks at an after season clearance sale and I like to be able to use and re-use them.  I put a mason jar in the back corner for the flowers.  I popped the floral picks into a few places (wherever I thought they looked good).  The scale I already had from a prior thrift store trip... and the chalkboard I had previously DIY'd for $3.


I did not take the time to do fancy chalk art (although I probably should).  For now I just put a cute little saying on it.


 I love the way the fall colors pop off of my dark backsplash wall.




How do you feel about the use of silk flowers?  I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Happy Fall Y'all...


Shared on the following sites:  Fox Hollow Cottage, Funky Junk Interiors, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

No comments:

Post a Comment